Monday, June 20, 2011

"Profitez hein!"

After a few late nights of dancing at Rivers, I think I have discovered some of the leading differences between the young french and the young american. In general american girls laugh too much, and american men are much more easily humbled, even when nothing is that worth laughing or being humiliated over. French girls can look permanently disinterested, and french men can be daftly persistent.

After weeks of untiring pastry-tasting, I have unearthed the tartelette normande. It's going to take every fiber of my being not to pay bi-daily visits to the Mie Câline.

Since I have arrived I have seen countless more groups of badly attired young men celebrating the end of a friend's bachelorship, countless old couples eating fishbowls of ice cream at the Glacerie des Alpes and my fair share of couples both young and old tongue-jockeying in public.

But to sum up, given the opportunity, I think any french person would defend me in saying, in just a single word: "Profitez". It's the maxim this country is fueled by.