Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Just a Little One

It was raining when I got out of class today, and as much as I wanted to do some shop shoppin' I'm trying my darndest not to blow my money in the first couple weeks. SO I got the guts to go to a bar. I ordered a blonde Belgian and I guess the quiche and the cookie I had eaten for lunch were not enough because it gave me that muzzy allover feeling you get when you have one drink on a principally empty stomach. The barman was so sweet even though he could tell I didn't speak french he let me pretend. When I left I could no longer remember where I had parked my bike. Finally after I wandered around for forty or fifty minutes the city started to make sense. I found my way back to my bike, (less than 50 meters from the bar, that's right, it's meters now), and it was a real pity my camera gave its life for me to see clearly because it was exactly the moment that I began to notice how extraordinary everything is around me, on the same route I have taken now a week.
All I needed was one little drink.

True it is that the moment we would stop searching, we find it.